UPDATE: I just realised this was planned by Katt and Steve after Katt called him out. My argument still stands though. The people at the top are just milking this culture of "beef" for all it has.



Let's be honest here. Katt Williams is no Steve Harvey. With that said, I don't understand why he went out of his way to attack Steve instead of delivering his originally planned material. I know you Katt fans don't want to hear this, but it probably was worst than Steve's material. And to all the folks claiming that Katt delivered a beat down, remember he was the only one fighting. To be honest, I found this funny, making this the first time since "Friday" that I laughed at a Katt performance. I just don't see what all the hoopla is about this dude. And no I'm not "hating". I respect the fact that others find him funny because the comedians I find funny, have all my friends giving me funny looks. Slightly off topic but I believe should be mentioned, is the fact that these 2 men are black. When was the last time you saw 2 white men publicly feuding to gain an audience?

In 2007 we had the 50 vs. Kanye publicity stunt which record executives put together to capatalise on the fact that they believed rap records would only sell if their is some sort of beef between 2 rappers. And since we know most rappers tend to be black, a stereotype has just been birthed. I saw a video clip on YouTube of Jamie Foxx also tearing into one of his fellow black colleagues Terrence Howard. And again, over what? A bunch of nothing. Unfortunately this type of behavior wouldn't stop any time soon because the consumers are enjoying it which translates into cash for the people at the top.

Side Note

When I just moved to NY, I visited my cousin in NJ who moved to America about 2 years prior to me. One of his first questions to me when we met was, "Who do you think will win in a physical fight between 50 Cent and Jay-Z?" He asked this because he knew I was a huge Jay-Z fan and 50 Cent was just coming on the scene. My cousin isn't a rare case. I have met too many young black people who think this way. Everything is beef, beef, beef. All rappers are doing is basically reciting poetry over a beat. How did it ever come to this?

Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

Lady Di said...

Have you seen their interview? Blog me.

Post a Comment

Don't forget to "follow" and "subscribe" to this blog by clicking the links at the top of this page.